Overhead Crane & Rigging Instructor
We are currently recruiting instructors to join our team.
Candidate must be self motivated and work well individually and in a team setting. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and able to aid in technical writing and implementing new training programs. Previous classroom instruction experience is considered an asset.
Thorough knowledge of all sling types, hardware, below the hook lifting devices, lever hoists, chain hoists and hooks. Must be familiar with the OH&S codes in the relative training areas and the ASME standards relating to the rigging materials. Knowledge and operation of overhead cranes is essential.
Able to communicate clearly in English and adapt training techniques to a wide variety of skill sets. Must be comfortable speaking in front of large groups and display confidence when presenting materials. Must be approachable and able to work directly with students.
Willing to learn and take further training when and if required.
- Minimum five years experience in the crane, lifting, and material handling industry as an equipment operator, inspector, rigger, mechanic, or manager. Instructor experience preferred.
- Must be willing to travel. Instructors train in Edmonton, but also on customer's sites in various locations.
- Must have the availability to function independently, be flexible and to interact with with customers and employees in a professional manner.
- Must have strong organizational skills to maintain expense reports and training documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Possess a valid drivers license and own a reliable vehicle.
Salary will be based on level of experience.